Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Shingles..... AGAIN!



I hate to admit this but I have had such a hard time figuring out how to do a post! Guess this really makes me a novice, right?! Hopefully I can remember how I got here...

Thing is, I have shingles again. I've had them so many times that I've lost count. This has got to be the 20th time and I'm SICK of getting shingles. According to MedicineNet.com:

Shingles is a skin rash caused by the same virus that causes chickenpox. The virus responsible for these conditions is called Varicella zoster. After an individual has chickenpox, this virus lives in the nerves and is never fully cleared from the body. Under certain circumstances, such as emotional stress, immune deficiency (from AIDS or chemotherapy) or with cancer, the virus re- activates causing shingles. In most cases, however, a cause for the reactivation of the virus is never found. The herpes virus that causes shingles and chicken pox is not the same as the herpes virus that causes genital herpes (which can be sexually transmitted) and herpes mouth sores. Shingles is medically termed Herpes zoster.

Okay, so I don't have AIDS or cancer.... Could it be STRESS???? Nah........!!! Thankfully I get them only on the right side of my head, along my hairline. Easily hidden by hair, and certainly not irritated by clothing, so it could be much worse. Still aggrevating!!

So, how does one get rid of stress? Currently I am working full time, taking classes part time, have 3 grown (??) children, 1 step-son, 2 step-step-daughters, 11 grandchildren, 2 dogs, 2 cats, and a pile of laundry that never gets any smaller. I suppose I need to cut out some things of my life, but what? I guess I could forget the laundry but it would get expense buying new undies every week!

One of these days, I'll have to decide.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home