Sunday, May 14, 2006

Choo-Choo Ecstacy!



Yesterday I went to the Franklin Park Conservatory with son, daughter-in-law and grandson,Oscar. Every spring the Conservatory has an outdoor railroad display, with several model trains running throught the garden. It's all right but certainly not the first thing I gravitate toward at the Conservatory.
Not so with Oscar! He has not seen the train exhibit since last summer but has never forgotten it. Every time we went to the Conservatory, even last winter, the first thing he would shout as soon as we drove into the parking lot was, "Choo-choo!"
Yesterday we weren't even sure if the trains would be running, because of rain. I don't even want to think what would have happened in a case like that! But, thankfully, the trains were running, and Oscar was SO excited! He kept running from train to train, following trains, and at one point when there were two trains, one on each side of him, he didn't know what to do! I think the picture I've added says it all. There is nothing like a 2-year-old and his favorite thing in the world!
Sometimes I wish I could be that open and honest with others. Just run screaming and squealing when I'm having fun or enjoying something. Why do we have to be "adults" and not have the fun that kids have?!
Let's have a kid day for all of us adults!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home