Sunday, May 21, 2006

Shutter-buggy!


I think I've become a full-fledged shutterbug. I'm not really sure, since I'm not sure what that all entails.

Does it mean that I carry my camera everywhere with me, even to work? Does it mean that I always have a tripod in the trunk of my car? Does it mean that I'm never in any photos, just the photo-taker?

I can answer yes to all the above questions, so I think I qualify!

Photography is definitely my favorite hobby, and has been for quite a few years. I must have inherited the love from my father, who always had a camera in his hand, no matter where we were or what we were doing. I'm convinced that he would have been enthralled with digital cameras and would have had several by now. I caught his bug and have always been the family photo-journalist. Right after digial cameras went on the market, I bought my first and have never returned to film.

My son has a website and has allowed me to post pictures there. Check them out at:
www.robparsonsproject.com/gallery


Recently I bought my first SLR camera. It's a Nikon D70s and I when I bought it, I also bought 2 lenses for it. What a differnce! There is no comparison between digital SLR and other digital cameras. I enjoy it so but there is definitely a learning curve. My favorite shooting is macro but I'm having trouble with getting the depth of field the way I want it. I will just keep experimenting until I get it right! This weekend I actually took my camera OFF of AUTOMATIC and changed some settings!!

I may not be a shutterbug yet but I think I'm on the right path.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home