Sunday, November 16, 2008

7 on Sunday

  1. Well, I finally have a job!! I'll be working for a urologist right here in Athens, doing insurance and some front office work. It's a 30-hour week, which is great, and it's only about 5 minutes from the house, which is even greater. The doctor seems very nice and his wife, who is the office manager, was nice as well. I won't start work until after I come back from Thanksgiving weekend in Ohio, so this gives me time to get my ducks in a row around here!
  2. Speaking of Thanksgiving weekend in Ohio, I can't wait to see my kids and grandkids!! We are having Thanksgiving dinner with my entire family on the Saturday after Thanksgiving at a restaurant in my old hometown in Ohio. Then we are planning a mini-Christmas with the kids and grandkids at Rob's on Sunday morning. My granddaughters are going to be spending the night on Saturday with us, and hopefully Heather & the boys, so it will be a perfect time to do Christmas. We aren't really planning to go up for Christmas because the weather is so unpredictable in December in Ohio. Ohio does have four seasons but they are Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter and Road Construction!
  3. I'm finished with Physical Therapy and I was right to be worried about finishing up because I'm having trouble motivating myself to keep up with my exercises, etc. that I need to be doing. I have to figure out a way to force myself to work on my knee because it still isn't where it should be. I think I'm just tired and worn out, but that's no excuse.
  4. We still haven't gotten our sidecar that we ordered when we got our Royal Enfield motorcycle right before my surgery in August! It is supposed to be here soon, and I sure hope so. I still have trouble getting on the Gold Wing (because of my knee not bending like it should!) and it would be nice to ride in the sidecar and still be able to ride again. Hopefully it will be in before Christmas so that we can do our Christmas picture in it! Dave has a Santa hat that says "Bah Humbug!" across it!
  5. I need to get my Christmas shopping done since we're having it at Thanksgiving weekend and I haven't even started yet. Auuughhh!!!!
  6. My sister-in-law is having Thanksgiving at her house, bless her heart. I told her I'd bring some stuff plus come early in the day to help her get stuff ready. We aren't leaving for Ohio until Friday morning so that we can have Thanksgiving with Dave's family first. His mother is 87 years old and I figure she doesn't have that many Thanksgivings left, unfortunately.
  7. We went to Bessemer on Friday to take my mother-in-law to the beauty parlor and get her groceries. She has a lot of trouble getting around but, other than that, seems to be doing pretty well. I enjoy talking to her and visiting with her. She appreciates everything we do and I certainly love doing things for her. I'm blessed with a wonderful mother-in-law!

1 Comments:

Blogger Monica said...

Congrats on your new job! That will really help boost your self esteem. I'm so proud of you. You've been through a lot and you are turning a new leaf.

I love you!!!

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home