Thursday, January 01, 2009

Cats and Toys

I feel sorry for folks who don't have cats because cats have very unique personalities that they only seem to show to their owners. Believe me, if you go to a home where there are cats, you will rarely see a cat because cats will hide from strangers. It's just a cat thing, I guess. Now if you go to a home where there are dogs, the opposite will happen -- you will be greeted by barking and possibly even some "kissing," doggy-style! 

I am the proud parent of three cats. (I would never say "owner" because you never own a cat, they own you!) Shelby, my big, black, long-haired cat I've had since she was about 7 weeks old is 3 years old; Olivia, our little tiny tabby came from the pound and is right around 2 years old; and then there's our sweet Frankie whom I rescued from outside last year and is such a lovable lap cat. All three of them have distinct personalities and there is definitely a "pecking order" among them. Strangely enough, Olivia, who, although she is full grown, weighs maybe 6 pounds and is a third the size of the other two, runs the show and makes sure the other two know it! Shelby is the prima dona of the group and acts like it! Frankie is the clown of the group and loves to play with toys of any sort.

They are not short on toys by any means but the favorite toy right now is a paper shopping bag I brought home from Cracker Barrel! Yes, just a common old paper bag. When I brought it home and emptied it, I made the mistake of placing it on the floor. Almost immediately, I had a bag full of cat! To make sure no one got stuck with the bag attached, I removed the handles on the top and it has been the big hit of the season around here! It's already had to be taped back together a couple of times! As you can see from the photo I've attached, Shelby seems to like it most for naps, even though there have been a couple of scuffles to see who gets to nap in it when!

Cats are so much fun!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home