Thursday, January 08, 2009

Job Hunting

Job hunting has to be the hardest "job" ever!

I've been looking ever since my surgeon released me to go back to work duties which was two months ago now. Truthfully, I check the ads in the Athens, Decatur and Huntsville papers every day, plus I check the Alabama Joblink website and any other leads I find. Every week I also check the local hospital websites, too, just in case there is something on their websites.

Probably part of the problem is that jobs are just hard to come by right now. I know a lot of places have scaled back their workforce. Plus, my specialty of medical billing and coding is maybe not as huge a field as it's supposed to be. And there probably isn't a lot of hiring going on during the holiday season, so I'm hoping things will get better in this new year!

The last couple of weeks there have only been four or five ads in the papers that have been any where near my job description so I applied for all of them but I haven't heard from any of them yet. It's so frustrating because I really would love to go back to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home